Friday, September 14, 2012

A Six Week Summary

My goodness, where has the time gone!?  My last blog entry was back in July!?  Seriously??  Seems as though I have some catching up to do.

As I'm sitting here writing, the air compressor in the garage is cycling.  I have a feeling it's going to drive me nuts, but I'll do my best to ignore it.  With that, here's the skinny:

My Jetta TDI is down yet again - SO blessed to have a husband who's a mechanic!!  Hopefully will have her up and running soon!

Grain bin furthest west is in the process of getting repaired/replaced.  Will be nice to not have the leaning tower of Teachout out there!

Storage room has been successfully purged of all unwanted crap and I've been able to move my crafting stuff in to half of it - very stoked about this!!!  Step 2 of the purge is next - delivering and re-homing all of the junk I'm getting rid of.  I'm seriously befuddled as to where all of this stuff came from - but I'm glad it's on it's way out!!  ;-)

I'm SO glad the sweltering heat has subsided!  Today was a lovely 74 degrees - sure beats the 100+ plus we had for several weeks this summer!  I must say, Fall IS my favorite season - I just love the cool crisp mornings and chilly evenings around the fire pit.  Bring on the jeans and sweatshirts, baby!!

Started home schooling Madeline this week and finding it to be quite a challenge.  She is SUCH a busy kid!!!  Getting her to sit down and focus has been challenging to say the least.  But, I'm hopeful.  She really likes to learn and picks stuff up very quickly - I just hope I can keep up with her!!

Since my car has been down, Madeline and I have been spending a lot more time here at home.  My Jeep, although I LOVE it, is just too much of a gas hog to drive any more than necessary!  So, I've been working on getting a whole bunch of started projects done around the house.  Thus far I've successfully finished painting our home school room, reupholstered the footstool that goes with my rocking chair, refinished a vintage lamp shade, repaired/stitched numerous lost buttons on shirts and loose seams, started switching out Madeline's summer clothes for fall ones, and deep cleaned the whole house.  There's plenty more to do, but I think I've had a good start!

A couple of months ago, Brian introduced me to Deadliest Catch on Netflix.  It's a reality show that originally aired on the Discovery Channel about one of the deadliest jobs in the world - crab fishing on the Bering Sea.  Needless to say, I got hooked and watched every episode of all 7 available seasons in record time!  There's so much I love about the show, especially the dynamics of all of the captains, deck bosses, and deckhands on each boat, and now I find myself aspiring to venture on one someday myself!!  My love of the ocean is definitely calling!!  I would love to experience a crab season on the Northwestern (the boat who's dynamics I like the best), or the Time Bandit (those guys are just nuts!) cooking and taking care of the crew.  I think that would be a really awesome opportunity.  I'm not so sure my husband would be nearly as excited about that as I would be, but we're all entitled to our dreams, right!?

Until next time - over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment