Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Ahead of the Game

I'm actually feel like I'm somewhat ahead of the game today and am sitting down to blog at a semi-normal time of the day - at least for most people.  It's about 1:45p.m.  The dog found something especially fragrant to roll in this morning, so she's already had a bath, the tub and shower have been scrubbed, lunch has been made/served, and now I'm in the middle of doing laundry while Madeline has a little bit of quiet time with PBS's The Dinosaur Train.

I recently discovered a new group of musicians called The Piano Guys (thepianoguys.com) and have been totally enthralled with their music.  It's amazing!  A mix of classical and pop created by piano, cello, and electric cellos.  I've been keeping YouTube and Itunes busy watching/downloading their music and self-made videos.

I've always loved music.  I started playing the organ when I was just a kid and moved on to school band playing the clarinet and the bassoon.  I'm no musician by any stretch, but I excelled most at creating and playing music by ear.  I can honestly say my band instructors in school were far less than impressive and I quickly got bored with mediocre teaching.  I wanted to learn more.  Unfortunately, our family's finances didn't allow me to take piano or violin lessons, something I really wanted to learn.  Even now, as a thirty-something wife and Mama, I still love to watch/hear talented musicians perform their craft and I love the anxious awe and butterflies that swell in my stomach as I watch the seemingly effortless movements of fingers across piano keys or strings.  It entrances me! (http://thepianoguys.com/portfolio/all-of-me-jon-schmidt/)

So, I'll continue to dabble on my antique upright piano that's out of tune and has seen it's better days, and live vicariously through those who have taken the words "talent" and "musician" to a completely different level of perfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment