Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Unveiling

I've never been a big fan of Halloween.   So, when we had Madeline, we decided we were not going to promote Halloween, but instead, celebrate harvest and the Fall season.  We participate in our church's Fall Fun Festival, in lieu of trick-or-treating, so that Madeline gets to enjoy wearing a non-scarey costume and get some candy. 

We have also participated in our local Taco John's Cutest Kid in Costume contest for the last 2 years and have actually won both times!!  So, this year, we're going for the tri-vector win!!!

Below are photos of Madeline's costumes from the time she was 7 months old till today...



                                                   October, 2009 - 7 months - Caterpillar


                                             October, 2010 - 19 months - 1950's Poodle Skirt
                                


                                            October, 2012 - 2 1/2 years - Mary and her Lamb


                                              October, 2012 - 3 1/2 years - Elmo Ballerina               


This year, with Elmo, I decided to try my hand at making Madeline's costume.  I'd seen some ideas on Pinterest and combined several of the tutorials into my own design.  I was QUITE pleased with how the tutu turned out and we received LOADS of compliments!!

Stay tuned for my next blog entry where I'll show how to make this super cute tutu step-by-step including other Seasame Street character ideas and suggestions.

Until next time...

Tracy








No comments:

Post a Comment